Friday, September 23, 2011

Back to the Future star James Tolkan recites Keats exclusively for Mike Geffner's Inspired Word







Veteran actor James Tolkan, who played the in-your-face Mr. Strickland in Back to the Future and chided Michael J. Fox's character, Marty McFly, for being a "slacker," beautifully recites the famous John Keats poem "When I have fears that I may cease to be" exclusively for Mike Geffner Presents The Inspired Word.

Filmed @ James' home in Lake Placid, New York.

James is also known for his roles as the no-nonsense Commander Stinger in the 1986 box-office hit Top Gun, the coldly determined District Attorney Polito in Sidney Lumet's Prince of the City, Napoleon and a Napoleon look-alike in the Woody Allen comedy Love and Death, Big Boy Caprice's accountant Numbers in Dick Tracy, a police officer in Masters of the Universe, and a government agent in WarGames. He made guest appearances on many TV shows as well, including Naked City, Remington Steele, Miami Vice and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

For more info on James, please visit http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0866055/.



When I have fears that I may cease to be
Before my pen has glean'd my teeming brain,
Before high piled books, in charact'ry,
Hold like rich garners the full-ripen'd grain;
When I behold, upon the night's starr'd face, Huge cloudy symbols of a high romance,
And think that I may never live to trace
Their shadows, with the magic hand of chance;
And when I feel, fair creature of an hour!
That I shall never look upon thee more,
Never have relish in the faery power
Of unreflecting love!—then on the shore
Of the wide world I stand alone, and think
Till Love and Fame to nothingness do sink.


- John Keats


Bookmark and Share




No comments:

Post a Comment