Wednesday, June 15, 2011
An Open Letter to Our Inspired Word Fans - Help Us Keep On Keeping On
An open letter to our Inspired Word fans -
I get notes all the time saying, “Mike, I really love what you’re doing. Loved being at your show last night. Please let me know how I can help. I’m willing to do anything."
I ultimately answer these notes, all of them, individually, but I thought it would be a good idea to post here today what I've written privately so many times.
Here are the five best ways you can help us:
1) You can post the event page links on your Facebook wall or share the event details through your Twitter account, or your blog, or any other social media.
2) You can spread our series by word of mouth and better yet by bringing a friend or friends with you to our events.
3) You can connect us with great artists that might be off our radar screen – poets, singers, comedians, etc. – or other talent, such as videographers, photographers, etc. We're always looking for new creative blood.
4) You can volunteer to be a part of our street team to hand out flyers event night. For that, we'll comp you that night and another show of your choice.
5) You can tell people to join our Facebook group, follow our Twitter account (@InspiredWordNYC) or blog, or send their email to us for our mailing list.
All these things will definitely help sustain this wonderful series and allow us to grow into something even greater.
If you’ve attended our nights, there’s no need to sell you on us. You know the heart and soul of this series. You’ve experienced the inspiration, felt flushed with good feelings afterward, were dazzled by the talent we presented on stage.
And if you haven’t been to our nights yet, well, I dare you to try us once and not to be moved. In fact, I double dare you.
Whatever you can do would be most appreciated. Truly.
Things is, we love what we’re doing too and we want to continue doing it for as long as we can.
We promise to repay all the love sent our way by putting on the best shows we possibly can every Tuesday and Thursday night, to keep building a supportive writing community, to create something beautiful and epic.
Thanks so much!
Be blessed and stay positive,