Friday, March 25, 2011

Diana Gonzalez: Poem "Radiant Child"



Radiant Child by Diana Gonzalez

Radiant child, you

are and

in the

grass you

lie

peaceful

and I

watch videos of you

and

gaze at your artwork

radiant child, you

truly

inspire me

your

drawings and writings

I

am

in awe.

And actually,

I don't look up to too many people, so

really

that's saying a lot

and

for once in my life

when I saw your artwork

I felt

like I

could truly

call myself

the artist

that I feel myself to be

inside

i do.





your grave is here, where I roam

and call my home

I wonder what it would have been like

to have met you

to have spoken to you,

rest assured, I

probably would stutter

just a bit

and ramble

just a bit.

but I was just a child, when angels of death claimed you

and now I visit your grave, in some

lame attempt to be close

to who you are, to

know what you were like,

I

must suffice

with grave site visits and

gazing at your artwork

and I'll

never see a post card

the same way



again

Rest

in peace

Radiant Child.

Diana Gonzalez is a poet living in Brooklyn, New York. 

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment