Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ankita T. Pandya: Poem "Soul"



Soul by Ankita T. Pandya

I have yet to decide if I want to sell my soul to the Devil.
See the Devil has offered me all the fame and money in the world.
I would have all of it. All of it.
Yet I will loose out on being happy in the moment; walks in the park; watching children play in the playground; such simple pleasures in life.
I keep struggling twenty fours a day for all of it. I can't keep doing that.
So I agree to sell my soul to the Devil.
We agree that when I have milked my fifteen minutes of fame and money. The Devil will have my soul.
So it comes to that point when I am ready to give him what we agreed to. My Soul.
As a woman of my word. I give him my soul.
The Devil is happy with it.
He has my soul and the only thing I am left with is my tears.

Ankita T. Pandya is a poet by heart and mind and a Patient Navigator at the American Cancer Society by profession and passion. Born in India and raised in the United States, poetry runs in Ankita's genes, whose late grandfather was a creative poet and writer in India. She holds a Bachelor's of Science in Community Health from William Paterson University.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment