Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Poem: Thomas Fucaloro's She wouldn't let me into her pants but she let me into her heart



She wouldn’t let me into her pants but she let me into her heart

To my upside down light bulb shaped girl
the only thing I understand is your lips.
They part a most beautiful sunrise.
The open morning motion of hands clasp
what time is always ticking about.

To my upside down light bulb shaped girl
we in trance a soft silent hum of breath
mounting
and we collide like children and glass doors.

You bring out this sap in me that trees don’t understand
yet embrace.

Leaves never forget.

They just fall.

My upside down light bulb shaped girl
I’d kill plants for you, smash a daisy,
stomp a patch of sunflowers
set fire to some roses
incinerate some petunias
whatever flower you want
dead shall die for our flower
sings anew.

Your hips shorelines amongst the waves
crash a most enchanted moon.

Our mushiness stands for no one but ourselves.

My upside down light bulb shaped girl
you’re a devil dressed in angel skin
and peel the right amount of dark
to reveal the right amount of light
and I inhale your back
exhales of the soul waking.

I’m not looking to marry you
I just want to hold your hand.

You were sculpted by e.e. cummings pen
and you’re just as confusing and just as radiant.

There’s nothing better than kissing someone who believes in you.

- Thomas Fucaloro


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment